On Friday, Nov. 3, postdoctoral fellows participated in the Fall 2023 Georgia Tech Postdoctoral Research Symposium, hosted by the Office of Postdoctoral Services. Twenty postdocs presented 10-minute research talks or five-minute lightning talks.
Congratulations to the following winners who took home prizes in the form of conference travel awards.
Hyeonseok Kim, Best Research Talk Overall
Wireless sleep monitoring biopatch for clinical assessment of at-home sleep quality and sleep apnea
Eduardo Gigante, Best Lightning Talk Overall
A sea squirt's insight into brain development and disease
Jimin Lee, Best Research Talk from the College of Engineering
The evolution of stem cell production: Smart bioreactors with seamless wireless technology
Keya Ghonasgi, Best Lightning Talk from the College of Engineering
Engineering intelligent physical human-robot interactions
Lyuba Novi, Best Research Talk from the College of Sciences
Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
Exploring coral reef resilience, connectivity and biodiversity in the Coral Triangle through machine learning and complex networks
Vardhan Satalkar, Best Lightning Talk from the College of Sciences
Generative machine learning-assisted functional phosphopeptide design
Franziska Tsufim and Micheal Rumore, Best Talk from the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts
School of Literature, Media, and Communication
Extension requests and student autonomy: Fostering help seeking behaviors in historically marginalized student populations
Thank you to the executive vice president for research, the deans of engineering and sciences, the associate dean for research and outreach in the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts, and the vice provost for Graduate and Postdoctoral Education for sponsoring the awards.
A special thanks to Krista Walton, associate vice president for research operations and infrastructure, for announcing the winners during the award presentation.
Appreciation is extended to the following judges for the event:
- Laura Haynes, faculty and director of outreach, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Courtney Hoffman, academic professional for Undergraduate Research Writing, School of Literature, Media, and Communication
- Andrew Hummel, lecturer, School of Mechanical Engineering
- Sharmistha Mukhopadhyay, academic professional, School of Mechanical Engineering
- Lisa Rosenstein, director of Charles E. Gearing Program in Engineering Communications, School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Jana Stone, assistant vice provost for Professional Development and director of Postdoctoral Services, Graduate and Postdoctoral Education
For More Information Contact
Contact: Karena Nguyen Assistant Director for Postdoctoral Services firstname.lastname@example.org